THEME: CONNECTING PEOPLE TO NATURE: PATHWAYS TO THE GREEN ECONOMY
In the lead-up to the National Green Knowledge Fair which is being held at Queen’s Park on 3rd and 4th November 2017, there are three separate competitions being offered to school students in Barbados: Essay, Debating, and Art.
- Open to secondary school students aged 13-18
- The essay must be on one of the following topics:
- Building a Green Economy,
- Strengthening the Physical Infrastructure
- Preserving the Natural Environment
- Word limit is between 1,200 – 2,000 words
Download the competition rules & guidelines here.
Please register to participate by clicking on the link provided: https://goo.gl/forms/lnAkbbLCK5bAjGll1
Essay entries are to be submitted by email by October 18th 2017 at 4:00 pm.
The Award Ceremony will take place at the National Green Knowledge Fair on November, 3rd 2017. All submitted entries become property of the Future Centre Trust.
Please submit essay entries to the following email address: email@example.com
- Open to all secondary schools
- Download the guidelines & competition rules here.
- Schools can click here to register online from September 26 to October 6
- Preliminary rounds will take place October 16 to October 20, venue to be announced
- Finals will take place at the National Green Knowledge Fair on November 4th at Queen’s
Park, St Michael
To register your debate team, click on the link to be directed to the registration form: https://goo.gl/forms/nSBsaNLxV8QPrLB63
- The competition is open to all ages.
- Entrants must be a Barbadian national or resident.
The competition entry period begins September 11th, 2017 and ends on October 18th, 2017 at 4:00pm.
How to Enter
- To register, complete and submit the registration form provided: https://goo.gl/forms/ZaN10RKMS9F7bLY63
- The submission, consisting of an electronic copy of the poster, must be submitted via email to info@firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is no entrance fee required for this competition.
- Entries must abide by the submission guidelines set out below.
- Your poster should display your artistic and design talent to depict the theme of “Connecting People to Nature; Pathway to the Green Economy” and encourage more people to connect to nature and get involved in the green economy.
- Visuals should be clean and sharp.
- Text within the poster must be limited to 800 words or less.
- A copy or photo of the poster should be submitted electronically. Electronic submissions should be jpeg, jpg or png.
- Electronic submissions should be emailed to email@example.com, from the same email address as provided on the registration form.
- The Future Centre Trust will be in contact with finalists to organise for printing for display at the National Green Knowledge Fair 2017.
- Posters that do not meet the afore mentioned submission guidelines or October 18th, 2017 4:00pm deadline will be disqualified.
By submitting a poster, entrants agree to allow the Future Centre Trust the right to publicize and use the poster in outreach initiatives. All work will be given full credit to the author.