We are currently seeking 4 hardworking, dynamic and motivated individuals to add to our Barbados Youth Corps team for summer 2017, who have a strong passion for people and the environment. Our approach is always collaborative and team oriented.
The 4 Internship Job Opportunities available are:
- Clean Up Barbados Project Assistant
- Green Research Assistant
- Outreach Programme Assistant
- Intern Research Assistant
For details on each internship job description and instructions on how to apply please click here.
PLEASE NOTE THE SUBMISSION EMAIL ADDRESS IS
Once you have submitted to the correct email address you will receive a THANK YOU confirmation email.
Deadline for Applications is June 9th 2017
Clean Foundation (Clean) began delivering the Nova Scotia Youth Conservation Corps (NSYCC) program in 2011 and in doing so, has provided almost 200 youth with meaningful paid summer employment throughout Nova Scotia. Students gain countless skills through training and personal development opportunities, all the while making a positive impact in their local communities and the environment. In its second year, the Barbados Youth Corps Program is again being piloted by the Future Centre Trust (FCT) this summer 2017 modeled after the NSYCC.
The program will provide Barbadian youth with environmental work experience, an enhanced appreciation of the environment and their community, and assist in developing skills for life-long learning including, team-building and leadership skills, public speaking and community outreach, increased knowledge for future employment and/or education ventures and the ability to give back to their community and their environment.Read More
“Wise Up!” Eco Art Challenge Art Competition Guidelines and Rules
Encourage children to participate and use their artistic talent to depict an environmental pledge in relation to biodiversity and ecosystems in Barbados in an effort to make Barbados more sustainable.
Entries are to be submitted to the FCT office by March 31st 2017 at 4:00 pm.
|Competition Guidelines||Art Competition||Poster Competition|
|Ages||6 – 11||12 – 17|
|Entries||Art piece||Poster design|
|Size/Dimensions||7 x 10 inches in size
|18 x 36 inches in size range. Can be of any shape.|
|Subject/Theme||Art piece which depicts a plant or animal in their natural surroundings. In 50 – 100 words max. give a brief explanation which must include:
Design a poster on the topics below:
|Tools and Materials||Can be made of paper, canvas or cloth can be done with pencils, crayons, paint and/or ink||Can be made with photographs and/or pencil,crayons,paint or ink|
- Entries can be full colour or black and white.
- Only one entry is allowed per child.
- Each entry must be accompanied by an entry form (download the entry form at the bottom of this post).
- Please note all photo entries with excessive photo-manipulation/editing will be disqualified, all photographs should be as natural as possible.
- Children can enter one of the 4 age categories:
- Category A – Ages 6-8
- Category B – Ages 9-11
- Category C – Ages 12-14
- Category D – Ages 15-17
- Judges will select a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place from each of the 4 categories.
- All original entries must be received by March 31st 2017 and 4:00pm. Winners will be notified by April 19th and the Award Ceremony will take place on April 21st 2017.
- All submitted entries become property of the Future Centre Trust.
Please submit entries to the following address:
The Future Centre Trust
Download the entry form here